where do you run database scripts/where are DBs 'located'?

BartlebyScrivener rpdooling at gmail.com
Sat May 13 07:49:25 EDT 2006

John,

Yep, different module. I'll watch the thread. Perhaps once you get
connected, we should make a mini-HOWTO for XP users while it's fresh in
your mind,  because this question seems to come up a lot, and beginners
would probably appreciate a short howto that would perhaps detail how
to set up either mysqldb, mxodbc, or both on XP and get Python talking
to MySQL.

I think no matter which you choose, you will benefit from downloading
the mysql connector and adding your mysql db to datasources on XP. Then
you can access the db just by using the name you gave it in the
datasources panel, e.g. driv="bbdatabank"

rick