Python Programming Books?

Aahz aahz at pythoncraft.com
Thu May 25 13:45:05 EDT 2006

In article <mn.c36f7d65ac4090ff.43626 at yahoo.fr.invalid>,
Rony Steelandt <bucodi at yahoo.fr.invalid> wrote:

>1.Python for Dummies
> Maruch Stef;Maruch Aahz - Hungry Minds Inc,U.S. - 408 pages - 08 2006

Possibly September if we get behind, but since Neal Norwitz is trying to
accelerate the release of 2.5, that's not too likely.  (This should be
the first 2.5-specific book out.)

>2.Programming Python
> Lutz Mark - O Reilly - 1256 pages - 07 2006
>
>3.Core Python Programming
> Chun Wesley J - Peachpit Press - 07 2006
>
>5.Python Essential Reference
> Beazley David - Sams - 03 2006
>
>8.Python Scripting for Computational Science
> Langtangen Hans P. - Springer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co.
>K - 750 pages - 12 2005
>
>9.WxPython in Action
> Rappin Noel;Dunn Robin - O Reilly USA - 12 2005

Not sure why you suggested these books, they don't appear to be aimed at
beginning programmers.

"I saw `cout' being shifted "Hello world" times to the left and stopped
right there."  --Steve Gonedes