python vs perl lines of code

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Sat May 20 18:44:32 EDT 2006

Edward Elliott <nobody at 127.0.0.1> wrote:

> You lecturing people on pissing contests, that's rich.  Nice way to
> duck the issue and sound like a winner.

Then you've missed what a discussion really is. It's not about winning,
it's about learning. Sadly you missed that point.

> Wake me when you decide to address the substance of my arguments.

I have done so. If you don't consider it enough and think that code in a
book based on 8+ year old modules is the current state of Perl
programming, fine with me.

As a final word, I quote from chapter 12.10 of Learning Perl Objects,
References, & Modules [1]:

"As seen earlier, *the normal means* of using an object-oriented module
 is to call class methods and then methods against instances
 resulting from constructors of that class. This means that an OO
 module *typically exports nothing*, ..."

Which is in general recommended as the book one has to read after Learning
Perl (IIRC it will be renamed in a next edition to reflect this).

--
John                               MexIT: http://johnbokma.com/mexit/
                           personal page:       http://johnbokma.com/