python soap web services

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Fri May 12 07:40:45 EDT 2006

Butternut squash wrote:

> Is there any reason why there isn't any python library that makes
> using soap as easy as how microsoft .net makes it.
>
> I mean I write rudimentary asmx files call them from a webbrowser.
> The WSDL is generated and then there is documentation and a form to
> invoke a function.

The WSDL will never as easily be created as in .NET/JAVA, as Python lacks
static typing annotations that are used by the WSDL-generators. So either
someone defines his own type annotation theme for that purpose that can be
used to infer the WSDL  - or you write WSDL yourself. Which is a major
PITA, as the whole SOAP mess.

Ravi OTH has pointed out _running_ a SOAP service is easy as cake.

Diez