python soap web services

Ravi Teja webraviteja at gmail.com
Fri May 12 03:45:52 EDT 2006

> Is there any reason why there isn't any python library that makes
> using soap as easy as how microsoft .net makes it.

SOAP with Python is easy too in a different sort of way. I don't know
about the equivalent for autogenerating WSDL bit as in .NET.

#!/usr/bin/env python
def hello():
  return "Hello, world"
import ZSI
ZSI.dispatch.AsCGI()

And you have SOAP available on ANY web server.

More here.
http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/zsi.html
http://diveintopython.org/soap_web_services/index.html

> When do you think someone will make this available for python web service??
When? Will let you know soon as my crystal ball gets delivered :-)
Seriously, whenever someone gets that itch to scratch since that's how
things get done in OSS usually.