John Bokma harassment

Bill Atkins NOatkinwSPAM at rpi.edu
Wed May 24 11:25:19 EDT 2006

John Bokma <john at castleamber.com> writes:

> Ken Tilton <kentilton at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Ben Bullock wrote:
>>> "Xah Lee" <xah at xahlee.org> wrote in message
>>> news:1148459377.384317.100730 at j73g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...

>>> Why don't you just change your provider? It would take less time than
>>> this.
>>
>> Are you joking. "Just change your provider?" Do you have a little
>> button on your computer that says "Change provider"? Cool! :)
>
> No, it will cost Xah money. In the end he will be with a bullet proof
> hoster, like other kooks on Usenet, or get the message.
>
>> C'mon, John Bokma (and everyone else dumb enough to crosspost their
>> shushing to every group on the crosspost list -- why do they do that?
>
> So other people can read that reporting Xah *does* have an effect. A lot
> of people think that a kill file is the only solution.

You win my unofficial contest for "Usenet Tool of the Year."  It is
not difficult to skip to the next file or to add a sender to a
killfile.  It is certainly less of a hassle than all this complaining
you do.

Life is short, John Bokma.  There are more important things in the
world than tattling on Xah to his host.  Maybe you can start
experiencing them if you learn to make use of the 'next message' key.

>> So Xah will hear them six times? No, they want everyone to see how
>> witty they are when they tell Xah off.
>
> So you haven't noticed that Xah does just hit & run posting?

I've noticed it - but have you?

It would be only one post that could easily be ignored, if not for all
this rubbish that you and people like you feel the need to post (sure,
I realize I'm contributing to the problem).  Isn't "hit & run posting"
better than a thread full of nonsense?

--
You fool! You fell victim to one of the classic blunders! The most
famous is, "Never get involved in a land war in Asia", but only