Don't wish to give up on a Tkinter GUI Builder :(

Bob Greschke bob at greschke.com
Tue May 23 14:16:56 EDT 2006

"vbgunz" <vbgunz at gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1148382609.644438.267020 at j55g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Thank you very much for the link and info. It looks promising but I am
> still on the lookout for a drag-n-drop Gui builder like vltc so if
> anyone has more links to new projects I am definitely interested!
>
> PS. I do love the code generated from rapyd!

What are you building?  I routinely do things like these by hand

www.greschke.com/unlinked/images/changeo.jpg
www.greschke.com/unlinked/images/pocus.jpg
www.greschke.com/unlinked/images/pis.jpg
www.greschke.com/unlinked/images/petm.jpg

and I can't imagine using a builder for anything 'simpler'.  If you are just
starting out I'd go the long-hand route first until you really have a good
grasp of Tkinter, then go the easier route.  Once you find your own "style"
it becomes easier to just do it rather than try to get some other program
to do it for you.

I tried rapyd today, too.  Started it, drug a button to the frame, but then
couldn't figure out how to set the text of the button.  Deleted it. :)

Bob