distutils

David S. davidschein at alumni.tufts.edu
Tue May 9 10:53:29 EDT 2006

Dan Crosta <dcrosta <at> sccs.swarthmore.edu> writes:

> > fsi\
> > - common\ # some modules
> > - db\ # some modules
> > - someutility\ # my script
> >

> Your setup.py should live in fsi/setup.py. try:

Thank you.  This introduces a new problem for me.  I have other scripts that I
want to install likewise.  But now I have to overwrite setup.py for each install.

Alternatively, I can create script1setup.py, script2setup.py, etc.  That would
be fine except that there are other files, ie. MANIFEST.IN and README, that need
to be there too.  I have not found a way to similarly rename these.

Finally, it seems odd that I should have so many XXXsetup.py scripts in my
package root directory.

Thanks again,
David S.