data entry tool

Peter nospamjynyl at yahoo.co.nz
Wed May 10 04:30:16 EDT 2006

Diez B. Roggisch wrote:
> Make it a webapp. That will guarantee to make it runnable on the list of
> OSses you gave. Use Django/TurboGears/ZOPE for the application itself-
> whichever suits you best.

A webapp isn't feasible as most of the users are on dial up (this is in New
Zealand and broadband isn't available for lots of people).

I was hoping for a simple tool.  Even if it only worked on Windows, it would
be a start.  It just needs to present a form of text entry fields to the
user, and place the data in a plain text file.

If python can't do this, can anyone suggest another language or approach?

TIA

Peter