Tabs are EVIL *and* STUPID, end of discussion. (Re: Tabs versus Spaces in Source Code)

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Wed May 17 12:47:33 EDT 2006

Andy Sy enlightened us with:
> Like I said, you'll *NEVER* get that fancy shmancy 'semantic
> indentation' idea to work properly in the most basic utilities which
> have the 8-space tabs assumption hardcoded in them.

Fair enough. How much code is viewed with less and cat, and how much
is viewed using smart viewers/editors? I think the majority is viewed
using the latter.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa