Watching serial port activity.

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Tue May 30 09:46:41 EDT 2006

On 2006-05-30, xkenneth <xkenneth at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using linux.

[It's generally considered good practice to quote enough context
so that your post makes sense to people without access to older
postings.]

Under Linux there isn't really anything.  IIRC, many years ago,
somebody had written a kernel module that inserted itself
between application and serial port and logged operations, but
the last time I tried to find it, I was unsuccessful.

If you feel like building a kernel, adding a few printk() calls
to either the low-level serial driver or the tty
line-discipline layer might do what you want.

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  YOW!! Everybody out
                                  at               of the GENETIC POOL!