Tabs versus Spaces in Source Code

Oliver Wong owong at castortech.com
Tue May 23 11:14:03 EDT 2006

"Jonathon McKitrick" <j_mckitrick at bigfoot.com> wrote in message
news:1147963328.479963.4390 at j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Pascal Bourguignon wrote:
>> (defun ιοτα (&key (номер 10) (단계 1) (בכוכ 0))
>>   (loop :for i :from בכוכ :to номер :by 단계 :collect i))
>
> How do you even *enter* these characters?  My browser seems to trap all
> the special character combinations, and I *know* you don't mean
> selecting from a character palette.
>
> ࿿ hey, this is weird...

> I've got something happening, but I can't tell what.
>
> Yes, I'm an ignorant Western world ASCII user.  :-)

    What OS are you using? In Windows XP, you'd have to let the XP know that
you're interested in input in languages other than English via "Control
Panel -> Regional Settings -> Languages -> Text Services and Input
Languages". There, you'd add input methods other than English. Each "input
method" works in a sort of unique way, so you'll just have to learn them.
For example, under English, you can use the "keyboard" input method which
probably is what you're using now, or the "handwriting recognition" input
method, or the "speech recognition" input method to insert english text.
There are other input methods for the Asian languages (e.g. Chinese,
Japanese, etc.)

    - Oliver