Tabs versus Spaces in Source Code

Peter Decker pydecker at gmail.com
Wed May 17 10:06:30 EDT 2006

On 17 May 2006 06:51:19 -0700, Bill Pursell <bill.pursell at gmail.com> wrote:

> In my experience, the people who complain about the use
> of tabs for indentation are the people who don't know
> how to use their editor, and those people tend to use
> emacs.

In my experience, whenever there is a 'religious' issue like this, one
side tends to be quick to pronounce the other as 'evil', and insist
that everyone do things their way, while the other tends to feel
comfortable with people having their own preferences. If I ever find
myself on the side of the former, I always wonder if I'm missing
something obvious.

--

# p.d.