PIL problem with biprocessor hardware

mardif mariano.difelice at gmail.com
Fri May 26 12:40:56 EDT 2006

Hi guys,

I've a problem, but very big!
So, i have a python/PIL application that manipulate images ( rotate,
crop, save, etc etc ).
If this application work on a PC mono-processor, I don't have any
problems.
If this application work instead on a PC bi-processor, the process
elaborates an image "corrupted":

I mean "corrupted" because:

If I open this image with any image-viewer, it will show  the image
with background color on top blue, and on bottom green. Sometimes it
can happen that somethings inside was wrong designed.

If i open this image instead with GIMP, this message will shown:

Corrupt JPEG data: 36 ( this value is not ever equal ) extraneous bytes
before marker 0xd9
EXIF data will be ignored.

This error don't has a procedure that will produce it. It's random.

I've executed this application in a PC mono-processor, and it seems all
ok ( 100% ), instead on a PC bi-processor sometimes don't work ( 90% ?
).

Thx very much