John Bokma harassment

John Bokma john at castleamber.com
Wed May 24 12:19:39 EDT 2006

fup to poster

Mitch <spudtheimpaler at hotORgooMAIL.invalid> wrote:

> John Bokma wrote:

[...]

>> Funny how people who always think they can "change Usenet" have no
>> clue about what Usenet is and how it works in the first place.
>
> Who said anything about changing it?  I like it just the way it is.

You don't.

>> Usenet is just that, each server participating can be thought of as
>> being the back yard of the news master.

[ .. ]

> here.  You know what you are getting into when you sign in, and it is
> your responsibility to deal with those you don't agree with
> personally.

I did.

> I understand you consider his writings spam, and so can see why you
> have reported him.  All I'm saying is that as long as the articles are
> remotely on topic, I believe he has a right to post his opinions here.

Where is *here*? That's exactly my point. All his posts go to 5 groups, as
the replies to his posts. I have no problem if he posts in one of those
groups, or even three if he sets a follow-up to. But Xah just dumps his
load in 5 groups, no matter if it's on topic in any of them.

And since they all promote his website, and Xah never joins the discussion
(except to cry wolf when he has been "harassed", overlooking that he has
been harassing Usenet for quite some time) I consider his posts spam. Yet
I report it as excessive cross posting.

> As these are all opinions, I don't see any need to "back up" any of
> it.

"My" opinion is shared by his hosting provider, and probably the next as
well, unless Xah decides to pay a bit more.

--
John Bokma          Freelance software developer
                                &