documentation for win32com?

Tue May 23 13:42:37 EDT 2006

Is there anything better to read on how to use this module for working
with Office programs? This is not very heartening to read in the
official docs:

-----------------------
How do I know which objects are available?

Good question. This is hard! You need to use the documentation with the
products, or possibly a COM browser. Note however that COM browsers
typically rely on these objects registering themselves in certain ways,
and many objects to not do this. You are just expected to know.

Yeah, thanks...

So does this mean that the code can be different each time, or is there
still a pre-determined way to refer to things, such as opening Excel,
reading a spreadsheet and working with it, etc.? If so, where can I find
a list of those objects and methods?

Thanks.