Quote ? [was: John Bokma harassment]

Walter S. Leipold leipold at ace-net.com
Fri May 26 08:54:47 EDT 2006

Chris Uppal (chris.uppal at metagnostic.REMOVE-THIS.org) wrote:
> Geoffrey Summerhayes wrote:
>
> > After you kill Navarth, will it be nothing but gruff and deedle
> > with a little wobbly to fill in the chinks?
>
> Where does that come from ?  It sounds like a quote,
> and Navarth is a Jack Vance name (and /what/ a character),
> but I don't remember the rest of it occurring in Vance.

Trullion: Alastor 2262, a planet with a collectivist, sort-of-communist
government, a huge population, and a crumbling infrastructure -- 'gruff' and
'deedle' are sweet desserts much loved by the population.

I think all three of the Alastor novels have been collected in a single
volume... [click click click...] Yep, ISBN 0312869525.  Classic Jack Vance,
and well worth reading.

-- Walt