"Learning Python" 2nd ed. p479 error?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri May 26 09:06:55 EDT 2006

AbrahamLincolnIllinois at yahoo.com wrote:

> On page 479, the 2nd edition of the "Learning Python" book, this code
> appears
>
>     class Derived(Base):
>         def __init__(self, arg, *args, **kw):
>             self.__init__(self, *args, **kw)
>
> Surely self.__init__ should be
>
>             Base.__init__

I don't have a copy within reach, but from what you say, it sure looks
like a typo.

> It doesn't appear in the errata.  What am I misunderstanding?

nothing, except perhaps what's the best place to report errors in
O'Reilly books (I'm quite sure they don't read this newsgroup ;-)

there's a "view/submit errata" link on this page:

     http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/lpython2/

</F>