Python script windows servcie

Tim Golden tim.golden at viacom-outdoor.co.uk
Wed May 17 06:46:06 EDT 2006

[Mivabe]

| Mivabe formulated the question :
| >
| > Google helped me discovering that it has something to do
| something with
| > 'CTRL_LOGOFF_EVENT'. I know what it means but i don't know
| how to solve it.
| > Is that something i have to configure in the script?
| >
| > I'n totally new to Python so maybe someone can point me to
| the right
| > direction? :D
| >
| > Regards, Mivabe
|
| No-one who can help me or did i visit the wrong group for this
| 'problem'?

I did start to formulate a reply of sorts, but got
distracted. In short what you seem to be saying is:

You have a python script (which happens to attach to
a Jabber server, but that's really immaterial) and you've
used SRVANY / INSTSRV to run it as a service, but then
it stops running when something happens. It's not clear
how the Remote Desktop part of things comes in -- are you
installing the service when logged on a via RD? Or are
you running Wildfire via RD?

Whichever way round it is, the fact that it is a Python
script doesn't seem terribly relevant. It sounds like its
an issue to do with running something as a service via SRVANY
and logging off a Remote Desktop session. This is not to
be unfriendly -- I hope someone here can help -- but your
description was sufficiently vague that I imagine many
people -- like me -- couldn't quite work out what was
happening, and so couldn't really help.

TJG

http://www.star.net.uk