Parsing python dictionary in Java using JPython

Kent Johnson kent at kentsjohnson.com
Fri May 26 07:02:30 EDT 2006

sandip desale wrote:
> Hi,
>

> We have some tools which are developed in Python and using python
dictionaries. Now for some new requirments we are using Java and want to
use the existing dictionaries as both the tools are executed on the same
platform. So we are trying to use the existing dictionaries only using
JPython libraries.

How do you access the dictionary files from Python? The same thing may
work in Jython. For example importing the file, if it is Python syntax,
should work in Jython; also I think format 0 (text) and format 1 pickles
are compatible with Jython.

Kent