py2app, pythoncard build problems

Serge Orlov Serge.Orlov at gmail.com
Tue May 2 10:18:25 EDT 2006

loren.davie at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm attempting to build a small app that uses pythoncard for a gui
> layer.  The intention is to use py2app to construct an .app bundle for
> the Mac.  I'm running OS 10.4 on an Intel MacBook Pro.  I'm using the
> default installed Python 2.3
>
> The .app bundle appears to build, but when I start up it fails -
> checking the console reveals that it can't find the "wx" package, as
> its called from some pythoncard code.  (The app launches just fine in
> non-bundled form when I run it from the command line using pythonw).
>
> Not sure where to go with this.  Any help would be greatly appreciated

Most likely py2app analyzes code of pythoncard and cannot find
dependance on wx. As a quick workaround you can just insert "import wx"
in the beginning of your program where you import pythoncard. For a
more flexible solution you will need to read py2app docs how to force
bunding of a package from setup.py