data entry tool

Peter nospamjynyl at yahoo.co.nz
Wed May 10 14:54:14 EDT 2006

Serge Orlov wrote:
> Peter wrote:
>> A webapp isn't feasible as most of the users are on dial up (this is in
>> New Zealand and broadband isn't available for lots of people).
>
> I don't see connection here, why it's not feasible?

Our volunteers won't sit on their dial up connection for hours at a time.
Many dial up plans charge an hourly rate after the first so many hours per
month, plus it means you can't use your phone line to receive or make phone
calls.

> You can do it using for example Tkinter
> <http://wiki.python.org/moin/TkInter> that comes with python
> distribution for windows.

thanks - I'll take a look.

> Keep in mind that standalone application for windows will be about 2Mb.

Wow - why so big for such a simple tool?
2MB sounds like a LOT of coding.

Peter