Looking for triangulator/interpolator

Grant Edwards grante at visi.com
Fri May 26 20:38:19 EDT 2006

On 2006-05-27, Grant Edwards <grante at visi.com> wrote:
> On 2006-05-26, Scott David Daniels <scott.daniels at acm.org> wrote:
>
>>> I tried using the scipy sandbox delaunay module, but the
>>> interpolators don't work: the natural neighbor interpolator
>>> produces a surface with "holes" in it: the interpolator returns
>>> NaNs for no reason for certain regions within the convex hull
>>> (the convex hull looks right, and the input Z values in that
>>> region don't look any different that regions that work).
>>
>> Sounds like a great opportunity for you to contribute.
>
> I'll try, but it looks like I'm going to be working all weekend
> as it is.

OTOH, it looks like I'm screwed either way.  My python
interpolator is so hopelessly slow it's useless in practice. It
can only process 4 points per second and I need to process
arrays of 10,000 to 50,000 elements. :(

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  YOW!! Now I
                                  at               understand advanced