urllib2 and HTTP 302

Laszlo Nagy gandalf at designaproduct.biz
Fri May 26 05:17:26 EDT 2006

  Hello,

The code below uses urllib2 and build_opener. Having this code fragment,
how can I return the redirection URL?
I tried to get this information from the exception but I could not. Is
it possible to read it from the openerdirector?
Any suggestions?

            try:
               self.post_multipart(
                    url,
                    [('uploadType','Inventory')],
                    [('uploadFileName','inv.txt',fdata)]
                )
            except urllib2.HTTPError, e:
                if e.code == 302:
                    return "I would like to get the URL to be redirected
to...."
                else:
                    raise

Thanks,