4 little Python programs

Terry Reedy tjreedy at udel.edu
Fri May 5 14:19:09 EDT 2006

"RM" <ny_r_marquez at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1146833949.544241.88330 at y43g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
> I had been thinking of releasing some of my little personal apps for a
> while. So, this finally motivated me to clean them up enough for
> release. The website is not yet finished, but I couldn't wait to share
> with you these little Python programs. I have packaged them nicely for
> Windows using py2exe and InnoSetup.  Unfortunately, I haven't had the
> time to do the same for Linux.  I plan to that soon.  You can get them
> here.
>
> http://rmcorrespond.googlepages.com/customsoftware
>
> I have been using them for several years, but never got around to
> releasing them. Any way, I hope you like them. Oh, they are all
> licensed with the GPL, but for now, since I don't yet have a way to
> track downloads, I am only making the source available upon request. If
> you have any questions or suggestions let me know.

Since you asked: delete the .exes and release the source and give a link to
python.org for anyone who does not have it already installed.  Since I
already have at least two versions of Python installed, I don't need four
more copies.  Since I have no reason to trust that you are not distributing
malware, I would not touch your .exes anyway.  Python is really meant for
source distribution.

Terry Jan Reedy