4 little Python programs

RM ny_r_marquez at yahoo.com
Mon May 8 12:54:08 EDT 2006

Terry,

Thanks for the feedback.  I've done what you said, except for deleting
the EXEs.  While people on this forum can figure out how to get them to
work with just the source, most people will be better off with the
installers.  I also added screen shots to each of the programs.

I am especially interested in improving CocoRename.  I think that it
would be nice to add wild cards, regular expressions, incremental
digits for the filenames, etc, I just haven't had the time.  I ran it
on Linux a while back using KDE's equivalent of "Send to", "Service
Menus", and was blown away by how much better it worked than on
Windows.  So, I think it has potential.

I don't think that there is a GUI for 7Zip on Linux yet, so 7Squeeze
could be used until a more complete version appears.  However, since it
is only a wrapper for the command line version of 7Zip I think I would
have to include some way to capture all the relevant information that
the program normally sends to the terminal.  Currently, starting
7Squeeze from a terminal is actually better on Linux because you get to
see the feedback.  So, I think it needs a little work.  However, I do
think that 7Squeeze's Squeeze and UnSqueeze features are standout
features.  I hope some will give it a try.

Any way, I am interested in any improvements any one can make to this
programs.  And of course, I would love to know if any one finds them
useful.

-Ruben