Tabs are EVIL *and* STUPID, end of discussion. (Re: Tabs versus Spaces in Source Code)

Sybren Stuvel sybrenUSE at YOURthirdtower.com.imagination
Wed May 17 10:16:02 EDT 2006

Andy Sy enlightened us with:
> Now... if you say you SHOULDN'T mix tabs and spaces (indeed this is
> generally regarded as a BAD idea esp. in Python code)

I indeed say so.

> then WHAT THE HECK do you need to use tab characters in the source
> code for anyway (besides saving a measly few bytes) ??!?

To separate layout (how much indentation is used) from semantics (how
many intentation levels).

> Tab characters are EVIL *AND* STUPID.

And someone who needs to resort to all-caps words (which many consider
shouting) needs to relax and use proper arguments.

Sybren
                                             Frank Zappa