distutils

David S. davidschein at alumni.tufts.edu
Tue May 9 10:29:33 EDT 2006

I have a what I a typical source tree, something like:
fsi\
- common\ # some modules
- db\ # some modules
- someutility\ # my script

I would like to create a setup script to install my script as a script as well
as the modules that is depends on, but where should the setup.py file live?  If
I put it in ./someutility/ it can not find fsi.common or fsi.db.

package_dir does not seem to work and I am confused.  The documentation is, I am
sure thorough, but something that fit on fewer pages would help.

So I appreciate any help for this particular problem as well as any suggestions
for other documentation or guides to using distutils.

Peace,
David S.