distutils

David S. davidschein at alumni.tufts.edu
Wed May 10 08:33:04 EDT 2006

Dan Crosta <dcrosta <at> sccs.swarthmore.edu> writes:

> I don't understand -- you can install multiple scripts with a single
> setup.py. Do you want finer-grained control over which are installed by
> a single invocation of setup.py? In that case, you should re-read the
> distutils docs about sub-classing portions of the setup process. The
> documentation for the Python 2.4.2 distribution is more complete than in
> 2.3.5.

Again, thank you.  To clarify, I want to have a separate install
for--potentially--each script.  I imagined that I could put a setup.py in each
folder that a script lived and somehow indicate the root of my source so that
distutils could find other modules that the scripts use.  Perhaps, I have not
organized things appropriately--I do not know.  I will try to read the doco
again and see if I can infer some best practices.

Peace,
David S.