What to use for adding syntax for hierarcical trees, metaclasses, tokenize.py or PLY?

Tue May 9 12:04:36 EDT 2006

"glomde" <tbrkic at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1147175821.309279.271730 at j33g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
> Hi I would like to extend python so that you could create hiercical
> tree structures (XML, HTML etc) easier and that resulting code would be
> more readable.
>
> The syntax i would like is something like the below:
>
> # Example creating html tree
>
> '*!*' is an operator that creates an new node
> '*=*' is an operator that sets an attribute.

It's not quite so syntactically sugary, but it looks like much of the
functionality you are looking for is in elementTree, which will be
incorporated into 2.5 (or you can download and install yourself from
http://www.effbot.org/downloads/#elementtree).

-- Paul