Tried Ruby (or, "what Python *really* needs" or "perldoc!")

André Kelpe fs111 at linuxmail.org
Wed Mar 15 15:41:06 EST 2006

msoulier wrote:
> While epydoc is nice, I'll point out that one thing that Unix people
> like myself really like is to be able to check docs on a remote server
> that we're logged into via a terminal session. The help() function in
> the interpreter is great for this, although it seems that python eggs
> broke it. :(

Where is your problem with pydoc? pydoc foo.bar.baz works great on a
terminal and pydoc -k is also worth a look and if you download the
html-docs of python, you can also search the library reference and other
stuff with pydoc. And for all the vim users out there, have a look at my
pydoc.vim:  http://vim.org/scripts/script.php?script_id=910

André