Tried Ruby (or, "what Python *really* needs" or "perldoc!")

msoulier msoulier at gmail.com
Wed Mar 15 09:42:06 EST 2006

While epydoc is nice, I'll point out that one thing that Unix people
like myself really like is to be able to check docs on a remote server
that we're logged into via a terminal session. The help() function in
the interpreter is great for this, although it seems that python eggs
broke it. :(

Please don't leave the terminal behind. Perl provides docs in all
formats, since if you can write POD (plain old documentation), you can
run perldoc, or run pod2html, or pod2man, etc.

I'll also point out that a lot of these complex solutions are ignoring
the KISS principle. POD takes about 5 minutes to learn, tops.