Content Management System

Adrienne Boswell arbpen2003 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Mar 29 11:32:39 EST 2006

Gazing into my crystal ball I observed "Water Cooler v2"
<wtr_clr at yahoo.com> writing in news:1143627824.174540.13710
@z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com:

> I know what it is, and yet the knowledge of what a CMS is, is so vague
> that I find myself asking this question every now and then. I've
> googled and read the resources too. However, the knowledge is still not
> clear. It is so vague.

For me, it was a way to give my client (local parish) some things:
1. An easy way for them to make _content_ changes to their website,
without getting into the nuts and bolts and potentially creating havoc.
2. A way to make the site searchable for the user.
3. A way from keeping them from publishing Word documents as HTML - urgh!
4. A way to have content changes immediate, and not have to wait for 24
hours before their current hosting company downloads content (in Word,
with no navigation).

I rolled my own in ASP/Access, not very complicated because I didn't need
anything complicated.

--
Adrienne Boswell
http://www.cavalcade-of-coding.info