Content Management System

Kimmo Laine spam at outolempi.net
Wed Mar 29 07:19:05 EST 2006

"Water Cooler v2" <wtr_clr at yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1143627824.174540.13710 at z34g2000cwc.googlegroups.com...
>I know what it is, and yet the knowledge of what a CMS is, is so vague
> that I find myself asking this question every now and then. I've
> googled and read the resources too. However, the knowledge is still not
> clear. It is so vague.
>

> Me: Just what is a content management system?

It's the website manager for Joe Average. It's removes user from such things
as knowing html, building site navigation, transferring files to server. You
don't need to know virtually anything about webdesign and yet with a CMS you
can build a site. Of course CMS based sites are crap on a stick if you ask
me, but in the users and another Average Joe's opinion it's superb. The
point is not in storing the files but maintaining the site.

--
"En ole paha ihminen, mutta omenat ovat elinkeinoni." -Perttu Sirviö
spam at outolempi.net | Gedoon-S @ IRCnet | rot13(xvzzb at bhgbyrzcv.arg)