python cgi permision error

David Bear david.bear at asu.edu
Fri Mar 17 18:02:20 EST 2006

avenpace at gmail.com wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have python cgi script, but when I call it I got server internal
> error. The log in my apache is
>
> [Sat Mar 18 04:17:14 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (13)Permission
> denied: exec of '/srv/www/cgi-bin/helo.cgi' failed
> [Sat Mar 18 04:17:14 2006] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] Premature end of
> script headers: helo.cgi
> [Sat Mar 18 04:20:09 2006] [notice] caught SIGTERM, shutting down
>
> I have set the correct permision for the script(755) and the script is
> also own by apache uid.

assuming you are running this python script the standard cgi way and not
through modpython or fastcgi.

try debugging this way.

execute the python script from command line as the web user.

make sure your python script prints the standard

"""

header.

--
David Bear
-- let me buy your intellectual property, I want to own your thoughts --