markov query

kpp9c kp8 at mac.com
Tue Mar 14 19:14:42 EST 2006

> Yes, a system which does this has to build a Markov chain from a data
> set and then traverse it.

>Any program that actually uses Markov chains to generate new text based
>on existing input as you've described will necessarily create a Markov
>chain.

I think you misunderstood. If you see my original post my whole point
was that this was exactly what i don't want. There are several
algorithms out that that already do that. I want to use a table that i
define from scratch to shape a stochastic process. In this case there
is no original input to analyze and i don't want a chain built by
analysis and i am not using necessarily texts.