markov query

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Tue Mar 14 20:12:58 EST 2006

kpp9c wrote:
>>Yes, a system which does this has to build a Markov
>>chain from a data set and then traverse it.
>
>>>Any program that actually uses Markov chains to generate
>>>new text based on existing input as you've described
>
> Hi. That isn't really what i have described. If i did i could use
> exsisting algorithms. What you describe is exactly what i don't want in
> this particular case. I am actually not wanting it to build a chain
> from some input that it analyzes. There is no input. If you see, i am
> trying to define a table that tells it how to proceed forward from
> scratch as a stochastic process.

Any such program has two main parts, one that trains the transition matrix from
a data set, and one that generates output from that transition matrix. You
should be able to take such a program and only use the latter component with
your transition matrix, however you choose to create it. Googling for 'python
markov' generates several leads.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com