Uninstalling Python

Pete pete at nospam.net
Wed Mar 29 19:48:50 EST 2006

I am using xpsp2, and I have two versions of python (2.2 and 2.2.3 - both
are listed as 29.3 mb, and listed as rarely used, which means never to me)
listed in add/remove programs in the control panel.  I assume they were put
in by HP out of the factory install, when I got my pc last April, since I
certainly did not install the first one or do an update to it.

I googled "python" and have no interest in it and know nothing about it.

Therefore, I would like to uninstall  both the versions since I do not
believe I need them.  Would it be okay to uninstall them or would you
recommend that I keep them even though I will probably never use them (ie
for the future just in case).  Or could something else get screwed up if I
uninstalled them.  Is this analogous to java (which I also do not believe I
have a need for).

Thanks...Pete