Please, I Have A Question before I get started

Mon Mar 13 01:07:12 EST 2006

On Sun, 12 Mar 2006 20:19:06 -0800, Ravi Teja wrote:

> http://www-inst.eecs.berkeley.edu/~maratb/readings/NoSilverBullet.html

What does this have to do with anything I wrote? I didn't ask for a silver
bullet that will solve any programming problem imaginable. I didn't even
ask for a general procedure or methodology that will make programming
projects either to manage.

I'm not stupid -- I understand that there is no magic bullet that will
solve every problem. As programming tools and methodologies get better at
handling hard problems, we look at even harder problems. That's not what
I'm talking about.

But in 1988 the technology existed to create simple GUI applications with
virtually no programming needed. (Yes, they were simple. Simple is not
necessarily a bad thing.) Today, it seems to me that there is no
technology available to allow non-programmers to create simple GUI
applications: the state of technology, which has made progress in so many
ways, has actually gone backwards in this regard.

--
Steven.