Other languages for PVM

Diez B. Roggisch deets at nospam.web.de
Thu Mar 16 05:34:01 EST 2006

Ravi Teja wrote:

> Yes! But not many.
>
> http://www.livelogix.net/logix/

Interesting.

> Logix also allows you to create your own custom languages for Python's
> VM. But for some reason, there does not seem to be much interest in
> it's development. Odd, given that it has great potential.

I can only speculate - but I guess part of this lack of interest stems from
the fact that the PVM evolves around python itself - in contrast to JAVA,
where the JVM-spec is independen from the language itself. So a
PVM-dependend developer has way lesser guarantees that his endeavors will
work on the next generation PVM.

Diez