SWIGing problem

Robert Kern robert.kern at gmail.com
Wed Mar 22 16:55:01 EST 2006

Tommy Grav wrote:
> This might not be the venue to ask this but I do not know where else to
> turn.
> I am trying to install a package that is swig'ed from some C code.
> Unfortunately the readme file isn't to informative.  Does anyone
> know which libraries to link to to remove the undefined symbols
> below?
>
> [tgrav at skathi] Python/pynovas -> ld -dynamic novas_wrap.o libnovas.a -lm
> -lpython -o _novas.so
> ld: Undefined symbols:
> _fprintf$LDBLStub
> _printf$LDBLStub
> dyld_stub_binding_helper
> restFP
> saveFP

Ouch! Are they really not using distutils to build the extension modules? Even
when you fix the specific issue above (if you're on OS X, add -lcc_dynamic to
the link line; otherwise, I don't know), you're still probably going to have
other problems. distutils knows how to build Python extensions modules. The
pynovas Makefile doesn't.

--
Robert Kern
robert.kern at gmail.com