Problem with C-API

John Dean john at totalrekall.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 12:25:29 EST 2006

Hi

I spent the whole of yesterday trying the get the following C code to
execute

PyRun_String("def title();", Py_file_input, dict, dict);
PyRun_String("\treturn 'Foo Bar'", Py_file_input, dict, dict);
PyRun_String("x = title()", Py_file_input, dict, dict);
PyObject * result = PyRun_String("print x", Py_file_input, dict, dict);
printf( "The result is %s\n", PyObject_AsString( result );

Each line throws an error.

Could somebody tell what is wrong with the above code.

Here below is the output from my test app

Starting Test ......

The file "testtitle" is open for reading

The variable codeStrings contains

Line 0  def title()
Line 1      return "Foo Bar"

The variable scriptText contains