Problem with C-API

John Dean john at totalrekall.co.uk
Fri Mar 17 15:17:16 EST 2006

Hi Duncan

Your version of the app works apart from this part

else {
         PyObject *rString = PyObject_Str(result);
         if (rString==NULL) {
             Py_DECREF(result);
             PyErr_Print();
             return;
         }

         printf( "The result is %s\n", PyString_AsString(rString));
         Py_DECREF(rString);
         Py_DECREF(result);
    }
}

The result of the printf state is: "The result is None"

result = PyRun_String("print x", Py_file_input, dict, dict);

The above line of code displays the value returned from the title()
function. My problem is I need to be able to cature the return value because
in the real application it will be displayed in a Process Log Widget. Also
the real scripts will be much longer.

I have not had a problem writing Python extensions, but when it comes to
embedded Python I just see how to get my code to work.

Any further help would be greatly appreciated

--
Best Regards
John