RPC client class?

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Mar 3 02:43:28 EST 2006

Dick Watson wrote:

> We have a legacy device that exposes an RPC server. We have an RPCL
> defininition of its interface. We want to develop an RPC client of this
> interface in Python that will be usable in both Win32 and open systems
> environments.
>
> I can find some *very* dated references to a demo/rpc.py

if the RPC you're talking about is Sun RPC, the whole concept is pretty
dated (the original RFCs are from the late eighties).

> but I can't find such a file on my Win Python install.

it's in the source distribution, which is browsable via svn.python.org:

    http://svn.python.org/view/python/trunk/Demo/rpc

if you have a subversion client, you can get a local copy with

    svn co http://svn.python.org/projects/python/trunk/Demo/rpc

otherwise, you can grab the entire source archive from:

    http://python.org/download/

hope this helps!

</F>