interrupting pythonD with ^C

Steve Holden steve at holdenweb.com
Sun Mar 19 07:07:44 EST 2006

John Savage wrote:
> I'm finding that many times when I inadvertently code an endless loop
> in pythonD code, on MSDOS, execution cannot be interrupted by ctrl-C
> and I am forced to reboot and this is rapidly loses its novelty.
>
> Do users of pythonD have a coding technique, or a library file to include,
> to endow a program with keyboard interrupt-ability?
>
> Endless loops arise when I forget to increment a loop index, or code
> incorrectly the end condition test, or indent wrongly, etc.

Well, you could try programming more carefully :-)

Alternatively, try CTRL/Break. That seems to interrupt even when a
program is waiting on a network socket, which CTRL/C doesn't seem to.

Note, however, that this terminates the process without raising
KeyboardInterrupt.

regards
  Steve
--
Steve Holden       +44 150 684 7255  +1 800 494 3119
Holden Web LLC/Ltd                 www.holdenweb.com