Question about raw string and regex

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Fri Mar 24 02:22:12 EST 2006

jlowery at blarg.net wrote:

> 1.5.2?  Aren't we at 2.4.2 now?  So the regs documentation was pulled,
> yet the source code shipped with the installer still uses it? How are
> people suppose to make heads or tails of a language when it ships with
> deprecated, undocumented code?

$ more classfix.py

# This script is obsolete -- it is kept for historical purposes only.
#
# Fix Python source files to use the new class definition syntax, i.e.,
# the syntax used in Python versions before 0.9.8:
#       class C() = base(), base(), ...: ...
# is changed to the current syntax:
#       class C(base, base, ...): ...

(if you don't understand that comment, it says that this is a conversion
script for converting code written for Python 0.9.8 to the current syntax,
which is left in there for historical purposes only)

> Gotta love the attitude of people on .lang newsgroups....

I don't think the attitude problem is where you think it is...

</F>