Tried Ruby (or, "what Python *really* needs" or "perldoc!")

john_sips_tea at yahoo.com john_sips_tea at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 14 14:45:15 EST 2006

Well, we've already got a wiki, of course: http://wiki.python.org/moin/

Regarding the docs for the module you're asking about, the way it's
supposed to work is (I think), you're supposed to checkout the Python
source, add your docs to the docstrings of that module, then either
commit your changes back in (if you have access privileges) or else
send a patch to the right list (python-dev?) so your patch can be
integrated.

It seems to me that it's best to write your docstring as epytext. That
way, for now, it just looks like regular plain text (though neatly
formatted) when viewed with the pydoc tool...