Cheese Shop: some history for the new-comers

Fredrik Lundh fredrik at pythonware.com
Sun Mar 12 12:07:02 EST 2006

Peter Decker wrote:

> I would have then asked where to report it.

on the earlier site, there was a link on the frontpage.  on the current
site, you'll have to look under "python-dev" (or in a group of links de-
scribed as "developer info" on the download site).

> Of course, you're straying so far from the original thought behind
> this thread, and that is that the Python website is using some terms
> differently than the majority of people who will eventually use the
> site would understand them.

no, I'm saying that we should realize that we have to live with that
ambiguity, and fix the site so that someone who's not the "right kind
of developer" doesn't have to use the back button, whether he/she
arrives on the developer pages via google, via the front-page, or via
some other "python developer" link on or off the site.

</F>