Have you ever considered of mousing ambidextrously?

Roy Smith roy at panix.com
Sat Mar 18 14:26:56 EST 2006

"WangQiang" <WangQiangg at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm also a programmer, as working in front of computer day and day, my
> right hand is so tired and ached. So I tried to mouse in both hands. I
> find that it is really an efficient way to release pains. At first I
> switched the mouse buttons in windows control panel, but it taked me
> several steps to finish it

I never understood why people switch mouse buttons.  I'm left handed, so I
put the mouse on the left side of my keyboard.  It never occurred to me to
flip the buttons around.

When somebody right handed sits down at my keyboard, I often see them
trying to avoid using the mouse (using arrow keys, control keys, anything
to avoid mousing).  I just pick up the mouse and move it over to the right
side for them, and then they often say, "But, the buttons are backwards
now".  Apparently most right handers *expect* that I, as a sinister mouse
user, have changed the buttons.  Why?

Of course, I grew up (and still prefer) the Mac, where there *is* only one
button.