Getting .NET SDK to work with Python 2.4.2

Dave dabbaking at gmail.com
Sat Mar 18 17:41:56 EST 2006

I searched the usenet and some mail archives and tried various
techniques, but I can't seem to get the .NET 2.0 SDK to work with
python. I'm a total newbie when it comes to python installs. I
downloaded the .NET 2.0 SDK and I have python 2.4.2 and im trying to
install zope. So i go to the cmd and go to the directory and type
"python setup.py build" (Will have to install after) and it comes up
with this(after everything else runs smoothly):
running build_ext
error: The .NET SDK needs to be installed before building extensions
for python.

I set the .net2.0 directory in windows enviromental PATH and added a
key to registry in:
HKEY_{LOCAL_MACHINE}\Software\Microsoft\.NETFramework\FrameworkSDKDir
to the path of it. It still doesn't recongnize it and I don't know why.